These vegan Soft Pumpkin Cookies with optional chocolate chunks are a delicious treat for fall. Warmly spiced and sweetened with coconut sugar, they have a pumpkin patch meets cozy Halloween night sort of aroma. They have a, fall leaves, crisp breezes, a crackling fire, cinnamon-spice, Jack-o-lantern sort of vibe. So if you are in a cookie baking sort of mood this month, whip up some of these for your friends and fam! These pair well with your fave latte or mug of hot tea. They also pack well in lunch boxes or baggies for an on-the-go snack. The hearty pumpkin flavor gives these a bit more oomph and added goodness than a traditional chocolate chip cookie. So feel good about snacking on these!….
Soft and plump with plenty of fall spice flavor. a hint of vanilla and a touch of richness from optional chocolate chunks. These cookies are a great way to bake with pumpkin!
I used a whole wheat pastry flour, but you can experiment with all purpose flour or even a gluten-free blend, if desired. these are tender and buttery, sweet, but not too sweet. They have a sort of pumpkin pie meets chocolate chip cookie flavor.
The soft and pillowy part of these cookies was what I was trying to create with this recipe. They are almost muffin-like, yet still have a slight chewiness of a cookie. If you want the a bit crisper around the edges, bake for a few additional minutes.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies
These soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies are tender and warmly spiced – perfect for fall! You can add chocolate chunks if desired.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax meal + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour (or similar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Warm oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a baking sheet.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until fluffy. Fold in optional chocolate.
- Spoon dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops puff up and edges start to lightly brown. Cool for a ten minutes before serving.
Yield: 14 cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.